12.18.2009

work hard to play hard

So, Jeff's work schedule has been bonkers lately. Last week he spent five days in LA for a photo shoot, no doubt also taking time to admire his four-bedroom suite at the W Hotel Westwood. Yikes - ya think there are better ways to spend a client's money? (But I must admit, he could hardly contain his excitement over the fact that there were several Eames rockers in his hotel room :). He learned a lot from the shoot and really enjoyed some time in a slightly warmer climate (as well as a few In-N-Out burgers).

I, on the other hand, am also in my busy season at work. This means long days, as everyone wants to get in before Christmas. Nevertheless, I still find myself with a bit of free time, as my work schedule will never compare to Jeff's (he worked until 2 a.m. on Wednesday...). So...I've been Christmas shopping. I just want to make sure everyone knows that Christmas shopping definitely includes both shopping for others, as well as oneself. As Jeff has been working more and more...well, I have been doing more and MORE Christmas shopping. Hmm...

These long hours come at the perfect time...we work hard, then we play hard! (And, we watch the Ducks play hard at the Rosebowl!) And of course, we are ever so thankful and blessed to have the jobs we do.

No comments: