1.24.2010

opportunities

Whew, what a week. Jeff and I both worked hard during the week, then Friday night got to spend some good time together, chatting over Mexican food (at one of our favs, Chez Jose). It was great to catch up! Then on Saturday morning Jeff finally left for China (Oh and can I please question the strong stubbornness of my husband who wanted to only take a tiny backpack with him across the world? Men are so funny :). His visit is part of a huge project he is finishing at work, and it involves making factory visits to check out packaging. Thankfully, I will have him back by Thursday morning!

Oh and did I mention that this week our furnace broke? A long time coming...it was 25 years old, and I have to admit, it's great to finally check that off the list. We hope to sell our house in the coming months, so are done with projects for the most part. Luckily, we were given the name of an older gentleman who does HVAC stuff, and he saved us a ton of money on the new furnace which was a blessing.

Back to China--Jeff finally called this morning to let me know he got there safe and sound (his office upgraded his work cell phone to an international plan so he's able to call me--yay!). After sitting on a plane for 15 hours straight, then being shuttled by car to a city outside Shanghai, he was finally checked into the hotel and about to get some sleep. Tomorrow sounds busy, with lots of factory visits in the (small?) town they are in. In a couple of days they will move on to Shanghai, and do some exploring.

Meanwhile, I am trying to keep myself busy this week while he's gone...seeing friends and getting things done for school. Almost at the end of that road!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

great opportunities for the both of you! We are proud of you guys!
xo
-P and M