3.05.2010

spring has arrived! (right?)





Last Saturday and Sunday we worked our tails off to get the yard presentable. We are finally coming to the point where we are ready to put it our house on the market, just to see if we get any interested buyers. I would say we are fairly unmotivated sellers, more just testing the waters a bit...if we stay here a couple more years, then we will be happy with that too. Sometimes we look at the view out of our backyard and we think we never want to leave!

We had four yards of bark mulch (that's a lot = back breaking work for Jeff) delivered on Saturday morning. We spread it all over every surface of the front and back yards, and it's lookin' good! The rest of the day contained some weeding, planting of pots and flower beds, painting, building a new back roof for our mud room, raking 15 large bags of leaves and hauling them to the sidewalk...oh, and powerwashing the driveway! That was me by the way, who did that. I have never done it before, and wish I had taken a picture. I don't think many people would believe what they saw - I was covered/soaked in mud from head to toe - maybe I was doing it wrong? Not really sure! That thing is powerful though! :) Oh yes, and please note that normally I stay as far away from outside/yard work as possible, but with this much to do, I was forced to partake.

We took a little lunch/beer break in the field behind our fence, and soaked up some sun. Chloe is in heaven here, in her little Cook Park wonderland.

No comments: