4.21.2010

new habits

Ahh, what a serene picture. If only running was really like this for me. Reality is, I am on a treadmill at the gym, drenched in stinky sweat, no doubt with a major wedgie, my bangs are glued to the front of my face, and I am exercising about 12 inches away from an overweight man who is also sweating profusely. HOWEVER...I surprisingly find this new habit quite addicting.

I write this post because in the past couple of months I have been deeply motivated to get my run on by a few of my gal pals (you know who you are ladies :). I was stuck on the elliptical machine for the past year, but now I have broadened my horizons! My secret: I am food-motivated. If the treadmill TV is set to the Food Network, it's like I am in a zone, and all of the pain is taken away. Magical. :) Also what keeps me going is picturing that glass of wine I will enjoy when I get home! We'll see how long this new habit lasts.

4 comments:

Jess@themommymiles said...

Yeah Kell! How about you train for the "Run Like Hell" half marathon with me in October? They have one in Bend and one in Portland...think about it!

Andrea + Mike said...

great work! let's take Chloe and Shadow for a nice little run sometime soon!

Sandy said...

You make me laugh.

Maggie said...

love it my fellow runner!