8.29.2010

san diego

I am obsessed with July and August - usually (fingers crossed) it's amazing weather. This summer, just like every other, both of these months have been full of fun weekends - here in Portland, and also a few getaways.

To finish off the summer, I flew down to San Diego for a few days to hang with my good friend Maggie (who lives in Portland): lots of sunshine, good eats, and beach time included! A tradition began last year for Jeff to spend a few days each year hiking a new portion of the Pacific Crest Trail with some good buddies...thus, each year, I am left to plan something fun for myself! Bummer, right?!

Maggie was my tour guide, and is quite the planner - she never lets me down, that one! She had me bustling all over the city, visiting the best beaches, Mexican restaurants, wine bars, and hotel pools the city has to offer. What a fun week it was - and not a cloud in the sky! Highlights from the trip include: Enjoying the beaches (Mission beach, La Jolla Beach, Coronado Beach), breakfast burritos at Hector's, a great dinner in Little Italy, pizza at Wine Steals, the best pineapple frozen yogurt, walking along the beach, swimming at some beautiful pools, sunset happy hour at C-Level, lots of laughs and great convo, yoga night at the W sand bar, getting to know some awesome new peeps, and soaking up oodles of Vitamin D.

Here are some pictures from our girl trip in San Diego...

Sunset walk on Shelter Island - Maggie and I


View of downtown from Shelter Island


La Jolla


Watching the seals in La Jolla


Beach time in La Jolla!


Pizza and vino at Wine Steals with some great gals!


Morning walk on Mission Beach - Mel, Amanda, Maggie, and I

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Looks like it was super relaxing and fun!