8.26.2010

we're makin' sushi

A couple weeks ago we had dinner with three of our favorites, Justin, Jess, almost-2-yr old Mackenzie. They had us over to their backyard oasis, complete with lush garden, white lights, and DIY dinner table (see how-to link here). Of course the eats were fabulous too - they always are in the gourmet Scott household - but this dinner was especially creative I thought (and blog-worthy too!)...HOMEMADE sushi!


I regret not taking more pics of this beautiful spread! We had smoked eel, sticky rice, both smoked and uncooked salmon, mango, avocado, tuna, and more. The process involves smearing sticky rice onto the nori (seaweed), then layering on the toppings of choice. Next, the tricky part (which Justin is a master at): rolling the sushi into a roll! But once this was done, we had gorgeous homemade sushi rolls, and no doubt at a more affordable cost. I kept saying, "I just can't believe we made these!" You must try it!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I definitely would love to learn how to make it. As long as I can make some kinds that Dad would help me eat!!!