9.19.2010

tripadvisor

My favorite website you ask?

Tripadvisor.com

If you haven't ever visited this wonderful little website, you simply must. It is practically the encyclopedia of hotels and travel advice in my opinion. Ask a question, and you will most likely find the answer from another traveler who already wondered the same thing. This site is an incredible resource for anyone planning any type of trip, big or small. I use it hundreds of times when planning a trip.

You will find honest reviews from even the smallest bed and breakfasts, as well as candid traveler photos of hotels - one of my favorite features of the site. How many times have you seen picture-perfect photos of a hotel and its rooms, only to arrive at the hotel and feel completely mislead? The candid traveler photos always help me to decide whether I will really like a hotel or not, because they are REAL (and so are the reviews).

You can also type in and click on a city, i.e. Chicago, and it will list the top rated hotels in order starting with #1. I love that the top rated hotels are not always the most expensive either - if you choose a hotel that is near the top of that list, you can never go wrong.

The search feature is fantastic. For example, I was looking into whether a Garmin GPS would work in Europe, and I found dozens of posts from people on this subject. I searched for what others were saying about the weather in October in Switzerland and found my answer right away.

AND...an added bonus...sometimes while sifting through posts you will stumble upon a little something extra too! :) The other day I was reading about another traveler's trip, which was similar to the one we're taking next month, and he suggested eating breakfast at this restaurant in Switzerland, the Schilthorn...

I would say it's a must-visit!

No comments: