9.13.2010

updates

It's been a few weeks! Don't give up on me...I just haven't had a lot to blog about! Not to mention we've been wrapping up the last weeks of summer, with the usual insanity of activities.

Can I first just say how utterly bummed I am at this sudden burst of rain we are having? I have to be honest - I am so tired of everyone saying how much they are excited for the rain and loving it. THIS torrential downpouring IS GROSS. What's wrong with everyone?!! Either they're all lying or I'm just off. I was just talking with a friend about it today. Aside from the wonderful fall clothes which are emerging, I am DREADING this season change. Some people live for sunshine and nice weather; others love the season changes. I know I would be 100% satisfied living in a climate where the sun shines year round. But that's just me. In my mind, the sun makes everyone happier - not to mention, more attractive (at least for the time being :)!!

So, let's just cherish the memories of the last bits of summer. Here are some updates from the past couple weeks since I've been the MIA blogger...

*Spent a lovely weekend in Seattle with my family over Labor Day - Jeff and my dad spent Saturday at a local "Oregon fan" bar, cheering on the Ducks, while my mom and I power-shopped for the latest fall fashions. We even saw sunshine a couple of the days!

*Have upped the urgency of trying to sell our house - finally lowered the price, and are getting more aggressive. We had an open house on Sunday which was quite successful if you ask me! Jeff and I were just talking about how we felt encouraged through it - we were just reminded not to give up, and that there are still people out there who are/may be very interested even though this market sucks. Last weekend we looked at a couple of "vintage" style Portland bungalows that were actually new or remodeled, and it definitely got us giddy. We are starting to get excited about how much farther our money will go when we do buy again!

*The leaves are starting to change - ahh, fall is here! Enjoying the colors and thoughts of cozy meals as the weather starts to get cooler...

*We are in full-swing trip-planning mode (aka Kelly is spending many hours :). We take off for a trip to Holland, Switzerland, Germany, and Austria in just one month. This will include a few days in Amsterdam, some cozy time in little mountain villages in the Swiss Alps (only accessible by gondola), a drive through romantic Bavaria, Germany, a few days in Salzburg (home of the Sound of Music), seeing the sights in and around Munich, walking through castles, concentration camps, and finally driving the Romantic Road to Frankfurt. It will be quite the adventure, as neither of us have rented a car in previous Europe excursions! Hopefully we don't get lost and buried in the side of some Swiss peak. :)

*Which brings me to...I cannot stop thinking about cheese fondue.

*Duck football season has begun, which means our (well, ok, sometimes I don't always watch...) Saturdays will be filled with passionate hours of cheering for our home team. Go DUCKS!

*Work slowed down for me, for about a week, but now I'm in full swing mode again. Jeff also has had a normal schedule for a couple months now (thank goodness), aside from some freelance projects he's been doing.

So you can see, all is well! At the close of the summer, I have just been feeling especially blessed to have such amazing friends and family in a close range. Being home more the past month or so has given us more time to enjoy everyone that we love so, so much. Despite the icky weather we get here in Oregon, I would stay just because of the people in our lives that we wouldn't want to live without!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I can't tell you how nice it is to have you so close, only a few hours away. We love you so much, Kelly and Jeff.