1.09.2011

snowy sunriver

Happy New Year my dearies! I have been such a lazy blogger lately, but maybe life will resume back to normal now that the holidays are over....not that I don't LOVE December, because I do...I thrive on hustle and bustle, and love getting to catch up with all of our family.

The last weekend in December we spent a few very relaxing days in Sunriver with my parents. Jeff suggested the idea only a couple weeks prior and I had no idea we'd actually find something so last minute, but we did, and a very nice place at that! A cozy house, with a huge fireplace and a hottub, that even allowed us to bring Chloe. The weather was spectacular - sunny and below freezing - perfect for a winter getaway. What a BEAUTIFUL place Sunriver is, especially in the winter. One of my favs for an easy weekend away.

The highlight of the trip was a 7-mile cross country ski adventure to Tumalo Falls, just outside of Bend. Jeff had to be persuaded a bit, being the dedicated snowboarder that he is, but we all had fun. The rest of the weekend we read books, ate yummy food, slept like babies, and soaked in the hottub. We didn't want to leave!

Chloe had an absolute blast running around exploring in the snow!

Mom on a ski trail by the river

On the road to Tumalo Falls

Beginning our adventure...

We made it to the falls! Cross country skiing is SUCH a great workout - don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise!

Inside the cozy house in Sunriver - we kept a fire blazing at all times!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Great pics, Kelly. I had to laugh at the "blazing fire"--that goofy thing!!!

Sandy said...

That was such a fun weekend, for all the reasons you said. We love you guys...