2.08.2011

it's a girl! (and I still can't believe it!)


Yesterday was one of the best days of my life! We didn't realize how excited we would be! At the doc we were told first, that we are having a sweet little baby GIRL, and second, that she is very healthy and all body parts have developed and are developing as they should be! Two very huge blessings in one day. Jeff and I are still smiling. We can't stop saying, "We're having a girl!"

I have to say, over the past month or so, it had become a borderline obsession of mine to try to guess the gender of baby Meakins (apologies to all of my friends out there who listened to my incessant jibber jabber regarding this topic...you know who you are :). The majority of people guessed baby Meakins was a girl (even little 2 year old Mackenzie) - still can't believe they all knew! Confusing me even more was the fact that all of the old wives tales for having a girl were true - headaches, craving sweets, Chinese calendar, baby's heart rate over 140 - how could it be?! I guess this was an easy one, right in front of my face. haha. er, sort of. :)

We went out last night to babyGap and picked out a few things for our new little girl - I am just so excited for gigantic flower headbands, ruffles, and ballet class! Here is a pic of the little sweetie, at 16 weeks 3 days.

2 comments:

Mee said...

"Congratulations!"
Wishing you and your sweet baby the best of health.

Lacey said...

i cant wait to take more photos of this little beauty!