3.25.2011

rosemary asiago & bartlett pears


Yum.

I just discovered a delicious new snack. And lately these days, once I discover a snack I like, I eat it ... a lot.

Thank you (hippie) Trader Joe's employee, for launching into a tirade while I was in the check-out line the other day. He was going on and on about how people need to eat healthier, how we are too fast-food dependent, how he feeds his kids healthy snacks and they come running from the nether regions of the house when it's snack time. What does he feed them? Well let me tell you. Because at this point in the tirade, my hungry little foodie ears perked up.

Rosemary Asiago cheese with cold, crisp Bartlett pears. Such a simple snack. Ooooh, but oh so delicious! You may think that this blog post is a bit drawn out for just some pears and cheese, but I think extraordinary combinations such as this one deserve a few extra words.

So try it yourself! I have a little tray ready to go for as soon as Jeff walks in the door from work. I've secretly been sneaking nibbles from the edges while I wait. :)

3 comments:

Laura said...

mmm, that sounds delicious!!

Maggie said...

great post. I think this will be a good snack for me to have at work. yum yum. you crack me up! Great writing!

Sandy said...

You are so funny, Kelly. I love your writing!