4.11.2011

homemade coconut pancakes

Okay, well I haven't been successful at locating (besides online) the Stonewall Kitchen Toasted Pancake & Waffle Mix I posted about a couple weeks ago...so...I found this recipe and tried it out on my parents this weekend while they were visiting. I got thumbs up from the eating crew, so I would say it's a winner! We topped with warm maple syrup, but it would surely be amazing with any type of banana topping or tropical sauce. Serve with bacon and eggs for the perfect sweet-savory breakfast combo!!

TOASTED COCONUT PANCAKES

1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
4 eggs, separated
1 1/2 C coconut milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C unsweetened coconut, toasted until light golden brown

Place all of the ingredients except the eggs whites into a bowl and mix to combine. Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form and then fold into the batter. Lightly grease a frying pan with butter over medium low heat. Cook about 1/4 cup of batter at a time, about 3 minutes per side. You want to see air bubbles al over the top of the pancake before flipping it. Keep them warm in a 200 F oven while you finish making the rest.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Im so making those! I love your growing belly and i miss your sweet face. will you please let me come shoot your precious belly soon? i miss you guys! tell chloe that dex says WUDDUP!