3.12.2012

overnight getaway

Last weekend Jeff surprised me with a night away just him and I! What a treat. Ella K was back at home with our friends Maggie and Pete, who were generous enough to risk giving up some zzz's and come spend the night with her. What great friends we have!

Hotel Modera

Courtyard at Hotel Modera

A relaxing late afternoon at Hotel Modera (modern boutique hotel in downtown PDX). NxNW wine pre-dinn dinn. Then off to Lincoln, for a unique and delicious dinner (N. Williams St.). An intimate space - minimalist, yet cozy (my fav) - and quite the unique menu by most peoples' standards. I ordered a ricotta cavatelli (almost like a gnocchi) with a rabbit ragu (yes, rabbit - a very sustainable meat) and parmesan. Delish! Jeff got the hanger steak with blue cheese butter and cornmeal onion rings (super low fat I'm sure). The bruschetta was an interesting starter, yet quite unsubstantial if I'm being honest (two pieces of plain toast with essentially a very flavorful butter).


Lincoln

Following dinner we bounced back to our hotel to grab drinks at Nel Centro (the bar/restaurant at Hotel Modera). What a fun little surprise to have live music (jazz) in the bar (they were throwing a party just for us I think). Lo and behold I found myself a tad bit hungry after the dainty portion of rabbit pasta I was served at Lincoln. Obvious solution: order a pizza! The pizza from Nel Centro was scrumptious, a thin crust, and I devoured all but once slice. :)

What a fun and memorable getaway in our own city. Just takes one fun date night like this to remind me why I love my hubby so much! I'm reminded that these times are so important!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to see such a wonderful blog.
Thesis writing service

Unknown said...

The post is very nice. I just shared on my Facebook Account.

Checkout my site: Gain Facebook Likes