4.26.2010

east coast to west coast

Last few days were a whirlwind! Jeff found out Wednesday afternoon that he would be going to NYC and Connecticut on Thursday, and then LA on Monday. Madness, right? Why doesn't he get more notice? I ask the same thing. It's all for "press-checks" as they are called (for KIN, see last blog post), which I am finally beginning to understand. My brain's limited understanding of the event is that a designer basically flies across the country just to double-check a marketing material as it comes out of the printer (for color, etc) and before it is mass-produced throughout the world or country or wherever. Hmm...maybe you should google it if you really want to know. But it is something like that.

Regardless of the definition - it's important, I have gathered. And lucky Jeff got to spend a few days in three great cities. Here are a couple photos from the NYC portion of his trip (I stole them off his iphone so they may not be of the best photography standards :). Today he is still in LA...enjoying the sunshine. SIGH.

I do have things to rejoice about here in rainy P-town though!
  1. I graduate tomorrow. Well, officially on Saturday but I am skipping out on that sentimental stuff.
  2. I just returned from a truly lovely weekend in Seattle with my family, and Jeff - we met up there in between his trips. The sun was shining...took a 3-mile walk around Greenlake...ate at my very favorite Seattle restaurant, La Rustica...wine tasted at an adorable local wine shop with my mom...spent time with Gma and Gpa...walked around Ballard...BBQ'ed pizzas...all was good.
  3. One of my wonderful friends just moved practically around the corner from me.
  4. I still have shows from last week that are on my DVR and waiting to be watched.
  5. I was inspired by some spectacularly great podcasts on living life (Itunes--Solid Rock podcasts), on my way to and from Seattle.
  6. I was about to go for a run and then it started to rain.
  7. The birds are chirping.
  8. My house is clean.
  9. Aruba trip is less than 3 weeks away!
  10. I was reminded today when listening to the podcast: We shouldn't focus on what will happen in the future, because we never know what even tomorrow may bring. THAT'S GOOD NEWS FOLKS!
HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Kelly, you are an amazing person, truly. You are so positive, cheerful, wonderful. I am incredibly proud of who you are, sweetie. Love, Mom