7.13.2010

and we're off again!

Jeff and I will be traveling around Europe again in October - our tentative plans are to see Amsterdam, Germany, Switzerland (possibly Austria and Prague too). If you have traveled to any/all of these places and might have suggestions of things we simply cannot miss...please send me an email! Kellyameakins@yahoo.com. We are trying to take care of the planning in the next month or so and will be doing a bit of research, so all of your shared experiences are helpful! Thanks!

1 comment:

Emily Griffin said...

Fun, Kelly! You guys will have such a great time...

When I was living in the Hague I really liked visiting the floating flower market on the Singel Canal in Amsterdam. It's the only one of its kind in the world apparently, and they ship tulip bulbs to the U.S. Haarlem isn't far from there by train, and it's a really quaint town with a fantastic cathedral (amazing organ).

I'm completely partial to Berlin, since my family is from there :) If you go, check out the Deutsches Historisches Museum, which has a lovely I. M. Pei design that reflects the neighboring architecture really well. It's on Unter den Linden, which is the Berlin equivalent of the Champs-Élysées.

Can't wait to hear about your travels!