7.11.2010

perfect little pots

My mom has a major talent with designing yards - most of you know that. I have always admired her pots - even in Seattle where their primary yard is a patio - there is an array of pots which cluster together, making it feel as though you are in a lush garden.

This past weekend I asked her to design my pots, so that they popped out and didn't just look like the randomness that I would create. Here is what she did - keep in mind I they still have a lot of growing to do (note to self: remember to water, and snap off dead flower buds).

I loved the way she approached designing the pots - finding colors that worked well together, as well as finding plants that brought out hints of other colors in nearby plants. This method (and her talent) really make a boring old terracotta pot look amazing! Thanks, MOM! (Oh, and thanks for the rest of my yard too...:)




2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hey, girl--good job planting them! Can't wait to see how they fill in.

Sandy said...

So Kelly, how are the pots looking now? And thanks for the nice compliments.