8.04.2010

katie's granola

Just like the recipe above, I stole this one too! One of my friends, Katie, made this granola and I was lucky enough to get to taste some last weekend while camping - I knew I HAD to have the recipe. Lately I have been trying out different Trader Joe's granolas as a healthy breakfast option, but they don't even come close to the one Katie made. I have never been a huge granola fan, but I am SOLD. Make this and you will have a wonderful breakfast every morning and feel amazing afterwards! :)

Katie's Granola

Makes 6 cups
  • 4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick cooking)
  • 1 cup sliced raw almonds
  • ½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
  • ¼ cup unsalted pepitas (hulled pumpkin seeds) or shelled sunflower seeds
  • ½ cup pure maple syrup
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • ½ teaspoon kosher sea salt
  • 1 cup dried fruit (such as raisins, currants, cranberries, cherries)
  • Heat oven to 350° F.
  • On a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss the oats, almonds, coconut, and pepitas with the maple syrup, oil and sea salt.
  • Bake, tossing once, until golden and crisp, 25 to 30 minutes.
  • Let cool, then add the dried fruit and toss to combine.
  • The granola will keep in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3 weeks.

No comments: