8.04.2010

lime-cilantro pork tacos - only 400 calories for two!

By now, my friends have to know that I will steal the yummy recipes they make and put them on my blog for the world to see. I get excited about food I like, and I crave to share it with everyone (see the recipe below also for another stolen recipe :). My friend Whit made these the other night, and I was shocked at how low fat, yet incredibly tasty they were. I just made them again tonight for Jeff and he loved 'em too!

1 lb. pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into cubes or thin strips (Whit did cubes)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. olive oil
1-1/2 c. chopped onion
1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 c. fat free, less sodium chicken broth
1/2 c. chopped plum tomato
3 T. chopped cilantro
2-1/2 T. fresh lime juice
8 flour tortillas (I use the uncooked tortillas from Costco - soo yummy)

Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper. Add oil to the pan. Add pork, and saute 4 minutes or until browned. Remove pork from pan; place in bowl. Add onion and jalapeno to pan; saute 5 minutes or until tender. Add broth; reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Stir in tomato; simmer 2 minutes.

Return pork and accumulated juices to pan. Stir in cilantro and lime juice; cook 1 minute or until pork is done.

Heat tortillas according to package directions. Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture into each tortilla; roll up.

Nutritional information: Calories 416 (28% from fat), Fat 13.1g, Protein 30.2g, Carb 43.1g, Fiber 3.6g, Cholesterol 75mg, Iron 3.8mg, Sodium 569mg, Calcium 101mg

No comments: