11.30.2010

christmas without a tree?!


I can't believe I'm letting it happen. Christmas without a Christmas tree. Yes, it's true that I'm not very sentimental about some things...but when it comes to the holidays, I always have loved having a (real) tree. I was just telling someone today - having a yummy smelling, twinkling, freshly chopped Christmas tree makes coming home that much more of an event. I love cozying up on the couch in my PJs in our living room, next to this wonderful thing I wait all year for.

But alas...no tree this year. Jeff says we shouldn't, and I suppose I agree. Reason: We are selling the house (still), but as of this week we finally have it listed with a realtor (let's get this house SOLD). A tree will take up too much room, making the house feel smaller...thus not playing into our deception of trying to make buyers think our house is HUGE. :)

So, this is my tribute to all of the wonderful Christmas trees out there - in my friends' houses, department stores, shopping malls, downtown, and even at my workplace - these trees that I will that much more enjoy this year because I do not have my own. :( If I am at your house and you see me sadly gazing at your tree in an obsessive manner...you will now know why!

2 comments:

Dani said...

hehe...I'm with you. I'm afraid I've developed a bit of a chip on my should when it comes to our real trees. "Oh you just get those plastic ones? Poo poo. I'm soo much more festive than you." :) But ya do what ya gotta.

Hey I would love a visit from you! (or you or you or anyone who happens to read this) I'm new at this and I looove company. http://fadingmarginsofdani.blogspot.com Cya later!

Maggie said...

Hey kell. i feel your pain. i am also sulking without a tree this year. it feels funny. i decided to go a little bit light crazy instead and hope to light up our staircases this week. I loved your tribute. Was that last year's tree?
love ya