7.03.2011

a lazy saturday

Well, we are only a couple of weeks away from meeting our baby girl now! Or days? Or hours? She really could be here anytime. Which is one thing I'm not liking about this whole adventure - all of the unknowns, and not being able to really plan for them.

Normally our weekends are pretty busy it seems, but somehow on this long, 4th of July weekend we found ourselves with notta-lotta! Yesterday as we were walking and chatting, we decided it's pretty perfect really - three days together with nothing planned has been an absolute gift in disguise. Jeff and I have had such a blast together, and it probably came at the most perfect time because it could be our last weekend just us two, for a while. Here are a couple pics from our sunny day downtown yesterday - at the Saturday market, a walk along the waterfront, and lunch outside at Cafe Yumm on 3rd Ave.




Our life is about to change. People everywhere keep asking us - are you ready? My answer would be - can we be? for something we have never done before? What is "ready"? It will all be a day-by-day adventure and learning experience. I know it's not going to be all easy. I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a wealth of people surrounding us who have gone through this before and who I know will positively encourage us as we go. We know some things will change...but we fully believe that other things, our little girl will learn to adapt to. Jeff and I both have passions...family, friends, travel, food, experiencing new things, getting outdoors, and the list goes on...and we are wholeheartedly committed to submerging our girl in these things too! No one around us has hid the fact that it will be more work to travel now :)...maybe so...but maybe it'll be worth the extra energy to keep doing what we love and to show our child what is out there in the world? The challenge gets us excited - and I cannot wait for our little family to develop new traditions and passions together too. I look forward to the little getaways we will have just Jeff and I, and also the ones where we will go with our babe. I feel thankful that Jeff and I have had six years of marriage before this to know each other, to travel, to talk, explore, and try new things.

So here's to the next chapter - an adventure - I can't wait for what's ahead!

2 comments:

Monika Rains said...

I love such an honest blog! Congratulation to both of you, our Costa Rican friends, and good luck!... This path of life is so beautiful!

Sandy said...

Kelly, a beautiful essay, I'm so proud of you and Jeff. You will be really good parents, I'm convinced. I so look forward to this new chapter in your lives. Love, Mom