7.03.2011

father's day




On Father's Day we had the most splendid afternoon. We spent the day with Jeff's dad (Roger), stepmom (Mindy), and two of his brothers (Sam and Phil), soaking up sunshine and stuffing ourselves silly with wonderful food. One thing I always appreciate about going to Roger and Mindy's house is that they love food just as much as I do. To say we eat well whenever we are at their house would be an understatement! This particular day it was BBQ steaks, shrimp, potatoes, grilled caesar salads...and just when I thought I might explode...(keep in mind that because of the baby my now-miniscule stomach is squished up near my neck at this point, folks)...Mindy served fresh berries over homemade shortcake with whipped cream for dessert. The best summer dessert in my mind! The three brothers were in full-swing boy mode, jumping into the pool with their clothes on, shooting guns, getting into wrestling matches, and doing what boys do. Chloe even took a swim in the pool...she's turned into quite the little swimmer, that little one.

Here's to all of the wonderful dads out there - including my wonderful darling who is soon-to-be one! :)

No comments: