4.28.2010

what to be when i grow up

It feels so strange to be done with school! I started my program 16 months ago and now it's all over - I can't believe how fast it flew by. Everyone keeps asking me what's next, and honestly, I don't know! Most days I really love my job, and when I think about giving it all up, I think "no way". However, I do find myself with quite a bit of free time (some weeks I have a lot, some weeks I have none) so I would really like to find a job/volunteer position/internship/hobby that I can fill my time with. Here are some ideas I have had:
  1. Part time job where I could learn the business of event planning, maybe 1 day/week
  2. My dream job: Be one of those people who visits local restaurants and rates them secretly (all the while eating for free!)
  3. Volunteer at the hospital (delivering flowers or something, like I did in high school, but only at a really nice hospital)
  4. Part time job doing travel planning
  5. Work in the wine industry
  6. My secret fun job: work with a florist :)
  7. Take photography classes
These are my huge career ambitions, folks! Just kidding. My real focus will someday be in event planning, but as of now I am not ready to devote much time to it. I would, however, love to integrate myself into the business slowly, by possibly shadowing a local event planner one day a week.

But anyways, last night was a celebration! I came home to a mini-celebration surprise, with a nice bottle of champagne, cake, and bouquets of flowers. I was expecting to just walk in the door, put my cozies on, and watch Lost (which was a re-run anyway, booo). An exciting time!

No comments: