6.14.2010

sunshine at last!

Last weekend we finally got what we have been waiting for - sunshine! I spent the weekend in Seattle with my family, Karrie and Mark, my aunt Chris and her boyfriend Tom. My aunt was visiting from the east coast, so we bounced around the city all weekend doing tourist type stuff. Saturday we took a morning walk along Alki beach, then rode the water taxi from my parents' neighborhood to downtown, then walked around Pike Place Market, took a visit to my mom's and dad's offices, ate a yummy seafood lunch out on the pier, and soaked up the wonderful sunshine. It was 75 degrees in Seattle! Finished off the day with a BBQ of fresh salmon purchased that day at Pike Place. Yum yum. I just love our local seafood in my 2nd home away from home!


Ahh, I love this city!


View from my dad's desk/office in downtown Seattle


Karrie and I on the water taxi


Walking down the hill from my parents' house, to the water taxi


View from La Rustica, Friday night Italian restaurant

2 comments:

Emily Griffin said...

Gorgeous photos of Seattle!

Sandy said...

We had such a good time with you last weekend! Wish Jeff could have joined us. I love the photos and captions, Kelly. Thanks for posting!